Thursday, November 21, 2013

5 more weeks!!!!

November 15th seemed so far away!
          I called and made an appointment with Dr. Brian Lindstrom for my first OB/GYN appointment! I was counting down the days to Bryan. 3 more weeks! 9 days! 3 days! tomorrow! I think the hardest part was that we decided not to tell anyone until we went to this appointment. We wanted to know how far along I was and that everything was ok. However, I started to freak out a little because as a first time mommy I don't know what to expect. So... we called and spoiled the news to Ma Strain who was extremely excited! The best part is that Johanna was in the back ground listening and I hear a squeal. hahaha 

          Finally Friday arrives. Bryan came and picked me up and off we went. We met with a nurse first to take vitals which were normal and then while meeting with Dr. Lindstrom a tap on the door says "we are waiting for Melissa in the ultra sound room." Woohoo!!! We step out for a moment. I was so excited... until they said we are doing an internal picture! WHAT!? hahaha... first thoughts PAP Smear! ew! but it was nothing like that. Bryan laughed at me. Our little peanut was dancing around the screen. But I didn't get to witness it because the nurse and Bryan had the best seats in the house. When she turned the screen around for me it stopped wiggling. So cute and small... looked like a little gherble. I was 9 weeks and 1 day. Heart beat was normal and everything looked good except she couldn't find my left ovary...oops. 
When she printed the picture out she handed it Bryan first and as I'm sitting on the table I was like "um, can I see our baby please?" haha, Bryan was so cute. I can't even describe his reaction it was something you had to be there to witness. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment